Associate Professor Kristin Jacobson Receives Fulbright Grant

Kristin Jacobson received a 2017-18 Fulbright U.S. Scholar grant at Aristotle University in Thessaloniki, Greece. Jacobson will be housed in the university’s Department of American Literature and Culture during the Spring 2018 semester.

Jacobson’s project, titled, “Building and Sustaining Environmental and University Partnerships,” aims to add environmental perspectives to the university’s program;
offer professional development workshops; grow Stockton’s existing exchange with
Aristotle University; and research and develop connections with environmental agencies working in Greece.

As part of her Fulbright, Jacobson will work to advance the existing exchange between Stockton and the host institution as well as initiate service-learning opportunities
with an environmental focus.

During the spring term, she will teach two courses, an American environmental literature course as well as a course on the research paper.

“I greatly appreciate the work and support of Stockton’s faculty and administration,” said Jacobson. “I would not be able to pursue this opportunity without the support of my Literature and American Studies faculty; the ARHU dean, Dr. Lisa Honaker; and the Dean of General Studies, Dr. Rob Gregg.

“I also want to recognize the work of my colleagues in the Interdisciplinary Center for Hellenic Studies [ICHS] — especially Professors David Roessel, Tom Papademetriou and Katherine Panagakos,” continued Jacobson. “I am benefiting from Stockton University’s sustained relationship with the Greek community—both here in South Jersey and in Greece. The ICHS and the faculty and administration involved with the Aristotle-Stockton exchange play a key role in my success.”